Best Local Parks
HappiFamli, Senior [BLANK] Correspondent
June 14, 2018
Summer is a great time to explore the outdoors, and we are so lucky that beautiful parks are all around Austin. Almost every neighborhood has one! Here are some of our favorites.
- Brentwood Neighborhood Park, 6710 Arroyo Seco, Austin. Pool, playgrounds, tennis, volleyball, and more!
- Elizabeth Milburn Park, 1901 Sun Chase Blvd, Cedar Park. Giant park with playgrounds, pool, and BMX trails, so bring your bikes!
- Katherine Fleischer Park, 2106 Klattenhoff Dr, Austin. The park with the cute little green play house.
- Lake Pflugerville Park, 18216 Weiss Ln, Pflugerville. This park resembles a beach, so bring sand toys and towels and wear your swim suits!
- Little Stacy Park, 1500 Alameda Dr, Austin. Bring a basketball! And maybe swim suits if you’d like to play in the wading pool.
- Mueller Lake Park, 4550 Mueller Blvd, Austin. Feed the ducks, stop by the Thinkery Children’s Museum, or go to the Farmer’s Market (Wednesdays & Sundays) after playing here!
- Northwest District Park, 7000 Ardath St, Austin. Playgrounds, swimming pools, and more!
- Patterson Neighborhood Park, 4200 Brookview Rd, Austin. Play and swim all day!
- Play for All Abilities Park, 151 N A.W. Grimes Blvd, Round Rock. This newly expanded park is HUGE and even has a bike race track and mini-town. Bring bikes/ ride-on toys!
- Ramsey Park, 4301 Rosedale Ave, Austin. The giant spider web park!
- Shipe Neighborhood Park, 4400 Avenue G, Austin. Pool playground, tennis, basketball, etc…even a log cabin!
- Springwoods Neighborhood Park, 9117 Anderson Mill Rd, Austin. One of the best parks of all time. Filled with shady trees, a sand volleyball court (aka sand pit for kiddos), ball fields, a walking trail, 2 playgrounds, tennis courts, covered pavilions, and more. This park has it all!
- Zilker Park, 2100 Barton Springs Rd, Austin. The heart of Austin. Swim at Barton Springs, canoe Lady Bird Lake, picnic at the playground, ride the Zilker Zephyr, walk along the Ann and Roy Butler Hike and Bike Trail,and play frisbee with your dog on the great lawn.
Parks with splash pads:
- Bartholomew District Park, 5201 Berkman Dr, Austin. Three splash pads! And so much more.
- Brushy Creek Lake Park, 3300 Brushy Creek Rd, Cedar Park. Giant splash pad area, lots of picnic tables and covered pavilions, playground, sand volleyball, and a lake! This parks sits along the Brushy Creek Trail, which is also fun to explore on bike or on foot.
- Champion Park, 3830 Brushy Creek Rd, Cedar Park. Bring sand toys to this park and uncover dinosaur bones while you’re playing in the shade-covered sand pit!
- Falcon Pointe Splash Park, 1813 Tranquility Ln, Pflugerville. Cutest little splash pad & playground!
- Pease Park, 1100 Kingsbury St, Austin. Such a fun splash pad, plus a cool hike!
- Quarry Splash Pad, 3005 County Road 175, Leander. Biggest splash pad in Austin! Water cannons! A slide! Get there early to snag a spot in the shade.
- Ricky Guerrero Splash Pad, 1100 Brodie Street